If you are not training your dog … your dog is training YOU!
A one-time counseling and training session that is customized to your needs. Typical behavior and training topics that may be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Solving/preventing housetraining issues
- Improving your puppy’s interaction with humans(canine, feline, & children)
- Properly introducing a crate and/or riding in your car
- Preventing destructive chewing/nipping/jumping
- Using toys for games and learning
- Walking nicely on leash
- Reducing inappropriate attention-seeking
- Guidance with socialization issues
- Helping your puppy to enjoy grooming
The Puppy Head-Start consultation lasts approximately two hours at your home and includes back up written support material, puppy training exercises (pre-obedience), prevention of unwanted behavior, training tips, helpful tools, how to effectively handle unwanted behavior and, if needed, a housetraining work plan. The cost of this in-home session is $220.*
K-9 Training & Behavioral Therapy specializes in working with your dog’s individual breed characteristics, natural behaviors and drives, using positive reinforcement and other motivational training methods. Basic puppy behavior issues are addressed during the in-home consultation.
All training methods used are reward based (e.g., luring, clicker training)
* Above costs are associated with the Philadelphia service area (8 mile radius). Behavior consultations out of this area will include an additional travel charge.
Hours by appointment.